Teaching Assistant - 1:1 - Part-time
- Ref: KCC886-3061-46S
- Posted: 09/10/2018
- Pay: KR3 - £15,628 - £17,188 (pro rata for 20 hours)
- Start Date: Immediate
- App Close Date: 30/10/2018 at 12:00
- Interviews: To be advised
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring person to join our school.
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work as part of our team providing around 20 hours support every week within a classroom setting. This position is specifically to support a child with learning needs in accessing the curriculum and is therefore a temporary position linked to the needs of the child.
We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. This position is suitable for experienced or recently qualified candidates although experience of working with children with SEND is desirable. We expect the successful candidate to:
Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children.
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
- Work well as part of a team;
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
- In return you will receive:
- Excellent professional development
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
- A supportive and challenging environment
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
- Supportive parents
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS. School visits are strongly recommended and welcomed prior to application. Please contact Mrs Sage, our school secretary, to make an appointment.
Information about the school
Bredhurst CE Primary is a village school, proud of the strengths that arise from its small nature. We were judged outstanding by Ofsted (December 2011) with a reputation for high standards of achievement, pastoral care, teaching and learning. The school roll is currently 125 pupils spread over mixed age classes. Due to the size of the school, team work is very important. The school is always heavily oversubscribed and we are very much at the heart of our community, working closely with the local Church.
Job Contact Information
- Name:Michelle Cox
- Address:The Street, Hurstwood Road, Bredhurst, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 3JY
- Telephone: (01634) 231271
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for this position then please see our advert on Kent-Tech.com and complete the required application form.