Sports Premium Funding
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Amount of funding received: £8495
All pupils to participate and enjoy being physically active.
Prime Minister David Cameron has announced a renewed package of funding for PE and school sport. Through a new ‘Sport Premium’ the Government is providing £150 million in each of the next two years to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools.
Bredhurst will provide high quality PE for all pupils, with all pupils participating in a minimum of two hours of physical activity a week.
Our Plans 2017 / 2018
- We have employed a sports teacher, David Peters, to enhance our curriculum, lunch time and after school clubs to ensure all pupils get a high quality PE entitlement.
- To use assessment from the previous year to run fundamental and G&T clubs.
- Ensure that all pupils at Bredhurst get opportunities to be physically active in and outside of school.
- Join other small schools to compete in a range of sporting activities.
- Ensure that all three areas of PE are assessed and impacted on. These are Physical development, cognitive learning and emotional and social learning.
- Give time to the PE Leader to ensure that the teaching and learning of PE is progressive and to a high standard, including looking at the new NC and how changes have been made to reflect these.
- To engage pupils in a new sport.
- To look at the whole picture of being healthy, including being active, healthy food and looking after yourself.
To ensure sustainability of the improvements in PE we ensure as a school, we use high quality specialists to deliver PE alongside class teachers and Teaching Assistants. Teachers and Teaching Assistants have the opportunity to work alongside high quality specialist to further develop their own practice.